Search the site
You are hereHome ›
Toni Sagristà Sellés
Cell: (+34) 669724840
Born: August 5, 1983
I am a software engineer expert in various java technologies such as J2EE, GWT and Android. I have recently finished an M.Sc. on Astrophysics, Particle Physics and Cosmology. I am fascinated by physics simulations and lately developed an interest for game programming.
Universitat de Barcelona
February 2010 - September 2011 M.Sc. in Astrophysics, Particle Physics and Cosmology (ISCED 6). Qualification: 90/100, A.
The Masters degree in Astrophysics, Particle Physics and Cosmology, pathway of Astrophysics and Space Sciences. It provides advanced academic training within the fields of astrophysics, space sciences, atomic, nuclear and particle physics, gravitation and cosmology.
University of Aberdeen
January 2007 - July 2007 Single Honours Project. Qualification: First Class Project.
Project 'Computer-aided catalan learning application', founded on the grounds of Natural Language Processing (NLP) developed under the supervision of Dr. E. Reiter.
University of Reading
September 2004 - June 2005 Abroad year (Erasmus program) taking courses in the departments of Computer Science, Systems Engineering and Cybernetics.
E-business, Informatics for e-enterprise, Cybernetics and its applications, Commercial off-the-shelf software, Graphical user interfaces, Virtual reality.
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - FIB
September 2001 - June 2007 B.Sc. in Informatics Engineering (ISCED 6): Qualification: 1,937 (RD 1044/2003).
The aim of the Degree in Informatics Engineering is to give students a general grounding in informatics, examine all or most subjects inherent to the field in depth and train them to attain pass one of the areas of specialisation offered by the School.
- High-performance architectures and computing
- Software engineering and information systems
- Fundamentals of computing
- Data management and operations
- System interfaces and integration
- Advanced programming techniques
- Telematic networks and operating systems Engineering and engineering trades
02/2010 - 11/12/2011 Software Engineer in the Galaxy Formation group at the University of Barcelona / ICC
- Design and development of the AMIGA cosmological semi-analytic model front end for external use.
- Design of the scientific data management module which deals with huge amounts of data, use of GWT and development of own widgets and extensions.
09/2007 - 01/2010 Justinmind, Software Analyst and Designer
- Lead manager and analyst of HTML and web application generation API.
- J2EE, Struts, Struts 2, Spring, JSF, WebWorks, jQuery, Hibernate, GEF, GMF, Eclipse, Tomcat and several other J2EE technologies and frameworks.
- R+D department.
10/2005 - 01/2007 Justinmind, Internship
- Design and development of a document management system using Struts, Hibernate, Quartz, Lucene, jBPM and more J2EE technologies.
- Design and development of the user management module in use in most Justinmind products.
- Design and development of a web application generation framework to work with the Justinmind Prototyper.
- R+D department.
- Skills & Publications
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, gained through my two Erasmus years abroad (in Reading and Aberdeen, UK).
- Good communication and presentation skills in both spanish and english.
- Experience in project management, gained during my work in Justinmind.
- J2EE - Expert in various J2EE technologies. Check out my work experience for more details. Have also experience in Java
profiling tools such as JProfiler, JProbe, VisualVM and Eclipse Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP).
- FORTRAN - Got to know the language well thanks to my work with the semi-analytic model AMIGA.
- Android SDK - Expertise in the Android SDK. Two applications published in the Android Market (see my Portfolio).
- OpenGL - Deep knowledge of the Open Graphics Library, both regular and ES versions.
- Eclipse IDE - I have a profound knowledge of the Eclipse IDE as I use it as my main developing environment and used
several Eclispe technologies such as GEF and GMF. Also worked with Oracle's NetBeans.
- LaTeX - I use LaTeX to format almost all the documents I produce, including technical work, science reports and my resumé.
- Drupal - I set up a Drupal environment from scratch to build this very site.
- NLP. 2007 - Natural Language Processing knowledge, acquired developing the final year project under the supervision of Dr. E. Reiter.
- Virtual Reality course. 2005 - The University of Reading, Cybernetics department.
- E-Business and Informatics for e-Enterprise courses. 2005 - The University of Reading, Computer Science department.
- PHP seminars and courses. 2002 - Joves Estudiants d'Informàtica (JEdI).
- Computer-aided catalan learning application - 2007, Reading Computer Science
- Development of the AMIGA font end for external use - 2011, Department of Astronomy and Meteorology, masters degree.
- Language skills
- Snowboard, football, scuba diving, reading and above all, traveling the world. Plan to start with surf soon enough.
- Available on request.